Skip to content
Overview Of Animal And Dog Bites
- Household pets are known to cause more bites than other animals.
- Dogs are more prone to bite, whereas cats are calmer.
- There is the danger of rabies with pets who haven’t been immunized, stray animals or animals in the wild.
- Foxes, bats, raccoon’s, and skunks all carry rabies.
Symptoms Of Animal And Dog Bites
- There is a break in the skin from the teeth marks.
- Discoloration and puncture wounds are visible.
- Cuts can appear on the skin.
- Blood loss is expected in some cases.
- Inflammation and redness of the bitten area.
- There may be a discharge of fluid.
Treatment Animal And Dog Bites
- Make sure that the affected individual is as calm as possible.
- Always clean your hands carefully before handling any wound.
- Rinse the wound with some soap and lukewarm water.
- Place some antibiotic lotion on the bitten area.
- Dress the wound using a disinfected bandage.
- After providing basic first aid, medical help must attend to the wound as soon as possible.
- The wound might need to be stitched if it is deep.
- Antibiotics might be required or a tetanus injection.
- Treatment is based on the type of wound and where it is located.
Prevention Animal And Dog Bites
- Try not to keep wild creatures as pets.
- Select a pet that is sociable with kids.
- Train your pets obedience and to listen to commands.
- Make sure you vaccinate your pet.
- When kids are around, make sure you supervise any pets that are nearby.
- Never leave infants alone with any pets.
Related Video On Skin Bites