Cords, Electrical Appliances and Outlets
- Are your electrical appliances in perfect form, without broken cables or plugs?
- Are your outlets burdened with plugs from the stereo, computer, TV, video game console, and printer?
- Are you overdoing it with the extension cord?
- Do the light fittings in your house use bulbs that are the correct wattage?
- Look around your home for possible issues. And unless you’re a qualified electrician, be cautious about DIY electrical tasks. Research has revealed that many house fires are caused by the inappropriate connection of electrical appliances.
- Exchange or professionally fix any appliances that produce sparks, smell strange, or overheat.
- Don’t place electrical cables under carpets.
- Make certain lamps and lights are not touching your bed, curtains, or other materials.
- Apply cautiousness when making use of electric blankets.
- Don’t let children use kitchen devices by themselves.
- Cover up any electrical outlets that are not being used if you have babies or young kids in your home.
The amount of domestic fires always increase during the colder months. Portable heaters significantly contribute to this. Before plugging in your heater, make certain you know how to use it properly:
- Cautiously read the instructions before using it.
- Never position a heater where your kid or pet could unintentionally knock it over.
- Never position a heater near any bed, particularly a child’s bed.
- Keep newspapers, books, materials, clothing, or blankets away from heaters.
- Heaters should be kept far away from anything that is inflammable.
Being Cautious in the Kitchen
- The kitchen is widespread with ways in which a fire can start which can cause serious burns: food left unattended on a stove; grease spills; a dish cloth too close to the stove; a curtain that catches alight on the toaster; a coffee pot unintentionally left on.
- Always supervise children while cooking and apply safe cooking practices.
Related Video On Fire Safety