- Standard First Aid Training
- Standard First Aid Providers
Standard first aid training is one of the most popular and comprehensive first aid and CPR courses that workplace approved providers have to offer. It is a 14 to 18 hour course that is normally completed within two days. Participants that complete this comprehensive course receive a wallet sized award that is valid for 3 years. This website is designed for candidates looking for more information about standard first aid training and how to register for a course.
Four major providers offer standard first aid and CPR courses. Those providers are: St Mark James Training, Lifesaving Society, Heart and Stroke Foundation and St. Johns Ambulance. All of these providers are mandated to follow roughly the same guidelines and incorporate the same curriculum.
To register for a workplace approved standard first aid course visit our locations page by clicking here. We are partnered with a large number of providers throughout Canada that have the highest standards and lowest prices.
Course ContentCandidates registered in this course will learn to recognize and treat the following emergencies.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Degree Burns
- Ingested, absorbed and inhaled Poisons,
- Poisonous and non-poisonous bites and stings,
- Eye injuries,
- Head, spinal and neck injuries,
- Chest injuries, including embedded objects and escaping air,
- Wound care, including amputations and embedded objects,
- Circulatory emergencies such as: Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks, Angina and Stroke’s,
- Airway complications such as choking for conscious and unconscious victims,
- Allergic reactions including medical and non-medical,
- Environmental emergencies such as: Hypothermia, Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion, Heat Cramps,
- Sudden emergencies such as seizures,
- Diabetic emergencies including hypoglycaemic and hyperglycaemic.
Standard First Aid Certification
Standard First Aid Certification
Candidates that successfully complete the skills portion of the course and the multiple choice test will receive a workplace approved standard first aid and CPR level “C” certificate that is valid for up to 3 years. Candidates may be required to recertify at an earlier date based on employer or school policy. At some location candidates can opt for a higher level of CPR. Health care provider CPR can be combined with the standard first aid course at some locations. CPR level “C”, which comes standard with standard first aid includes CPR rescues on adults, children and infants. Re-certification courses also include renewal in CPR certification. By taking standard first aid training with this workplace approved provider you are receiving the highest possible level of first aid training. St Mark James is the world leader in first aid training. Register for a first aid and CPR course with this provider today and become part of the rescue chain of survival. For more information about the CPR programs offered In Canada, including, standard first aid, click here
For more information about standard first aid programs and for details about standard first aid training browse throughout the website or click on one of the highlighted terms.
Save A Life
By registering for standard first aid training you will learn the skills to recognize emergencies and have the knowledge to save a life.